Friday, April 29, 2011

Much to Know: An Evening of Dance

Dear Friends of Idaho Dance Theatre,

     My name is Mary Kate Sickel and for those of you who may not know I have been a dancer with the company for the past two seasons. Also I regret to inform you that I will not be dancing with the company in the next season 2011-2012.

     It has been such a pleasure to get to know so many of you and to have the opportunity to perform in such a rich and vibrant community. I hope everyone realizes how wonderful and supportive this community truly is. Everything from the people to the foothills have been embracing and welcoming. I can not thank you enough for the privilege you've provided me with.

     It is thanks to this all consuming kindness that I have the pleasure to present an evening of my own choreography on May 8th at 7:30pm in the Danny Peterson Theatre of the Morrison Center. The press release is below. I hope you can come and continue your support of local dance!


Boise State University Department of Theatre Arts and Idaho Dance Theatre are proud to sponsor "Much to Know: An Evening of Dance" featuring the five works by choreographer Mary Kate Sickel. Please join Sickel and her company for an exciting performance, including
two world premieres and a guest performance by Off-Center Dance Project. Using a mixture of recycled goods, commissioned sound-scores and a dynamic cast of community artists, "Much to Know" is a modern-dance Mother's Day treat!

Sunday, May 8th
7:30 p.m.

Danny Peterson Theatre of the Morrison Center
$5.00 student/$7.00 non-student


     Again, thank you to the board for making IDT a wonderful place to work full of kind people and great connections! Thank you to Carl and Marla for offering me the position and showing me the awesomeness of Boise. And thanks again to Marla, Fred, and Richard Klautsch for encouraging and providing me the opportunity to produce my own show!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wish you all a great summer and fruitful fall!

Mary Kate Sickel (the girl from Wisconsin)

No comments:

Post a Comment